Kindergarten – Year 6
The aim of the Science and Technology K–6 Syllabus is to:
- foster students' sense of wonder and expand their natural curiosity about the world around them in order to develop their understanding of, interest in, and enthusiasm for science and technology
- develop students' competence and creativity in applying the processes of Working Scientifically and Working Technologically to appreciate and understand the Natural Environment and Made Environment
- enhance students' confidence in making evidence-based decisions about the influences of science and technology in their lives
- enable students to confidently respond to needs and opportunities when designing solutions relevant to science and technology in their lives.
The aim of the Science Years 7–10 Syllabus is to develop students':
- interest in and enthusiasm for science, as well as an appreciation of its role in finding solutions to contemporary science-related problems and issues
- knowledge and understanding of the nature and practice of scientific inquiry, and skills in applying the processes of Working Scientifically
- scientific knowledge of and about phenomena within the natural world and the application of their understanding to new situations and events
- appreciation of the development and dynamic nature of scientific knowledge, its influence in improving understanding of the natural world and the contribution of evidence-based decisions in informing societies' use of science and technology.