Life Skills outcomes are presented alongside Stage 4 and 5 below, and may be used to explore content related to each outcome.
The Life Skills outcomes can also be viewed as two outcomes tables:
- a table of Life Skills outcomes, which shows the syllabus objectives and all Life Skills outcomes
- a table of Life Skills and related syllabus outcomes, which shows the relationship between Life Skills and Stage 4 and Stage 5 outcomes.
Values and attitudes
- develop an appreciation of the contribution of science to finding solutions to personal, social and global issues relevant to their lives now and in the future
- develop a willingness to use evidence and reason to engage with and respond to scientific and technological ideas as informed, reflective citizens
SCLS-1VA, SCLS-2VA and SCLS-3VA refer to values and attitudes developed through the study of Science. These outcomes are integrated throughout the Science Years 7–10 Life Skills content.
- develop knowledge, understanding of and skills in applying the processes of Working Scientifically
Knowledge and understanding
- develop knowledge of the Physical World, Earth and Space, Living World and Chemical World, and understanding about the nature, development, use and influence of science