describes systems used to produce or manufacture products, and the social and environmental influences on product design
- Systems are used to produce or manufacture products.
- investigate a system to produce or manufacture a product, eg using an assembly line to produce a food product for sale in the school canteen, or the use of robotics in manufacturing a product
- compare the production process in a domestic setting to mass production, eg baking bread in the home to making it in a bakery
- Social and environmental factors can influence the design of products.
- research the environmental impact of an everyday product from its production through to its use and disposal, eg a PET bottle, a car or newspaper
- redesign a product to respond to a specific social or environmental consequence, eg redesign the packaging of a food product to reduce garbage