describes how social influences impact on the design and use of information and communication systems
- Systems can be used to transfer information and support communication.
- explore how information and communication systems can be used to exchange ideas, collaborate with others, organise and present data, eg a database, spreadsheet and multimedia designs
- communicate with others in different social and/or cultural contexts when designing an information solution, eg being a member of a collaborative online learning community
- Social influences can impact on the design of information sources and technologies.
- demonstrate appropriate and responsible use of information sources and technologies considering, where relevant, different points of view and/or stereotyping
- explore a range of emerging information technologies and the ways that communicating with others has changed, eg the use of video-conferencing, blogs and wikis
- discuss issues of safety and privacy of personal information when communicating, selecting and using information sources and technologies