describes how products are designed and produced, and the ways people use them
- There are various processes involved in the ways products are designed and produced.
- identify the component parts of a product and explain how the parts are designed to work together, eg pedals, cogs and chains work together to make bicycle wheels move
- examine the process used to produce an existing product by creating a flowchart from design to producing the finished product
- People use products in a variety of ways.
- explore the ways existing products can be reused and recycled to incorporate environmental considerations, eg products designed from recycled PET bottles
- examine how people use applications of science and technology in their work, eg builders, farmers and graphic designers