- develop skills in applying the processes of Working Scientifically.
Knowledge and Understanding
- develop knowledge and understanding of cause and effect
- develop knowledge and understanding of models, theories and laws
- develop knowledge and understanding of science and technology
- develop knowledge and understanding of contemporary issues involving science.
Values and Attitudes
- develop positive, informed values and attitudes towards science
- recognise the importance and relevance of science in their lives
- recognise the influence of economic, political and societal impacts on the development of scientific knowledge
- develop an appreciation of the influence of imagination and creativity in scientific research.