- develop skills in applying the processes of Working Scientifically.
Knowledge and Understanding
Year 11 students:
- develop knowledge and understanding of fundamental mechanics
- develop knowledge and understanding of energy.
Year 12 students:
- develop knowledge and understanding of advanced mechanics and electromagnetism
- develop knowledge and understanding of the role of evidence and prediction in the development of theories in physics.
Values and Attitudes
- develop positive, informed values and attitudes towards physics
- recognise the importance and relevance of physics in their lives
- recognise the influence of economic, political and societal impacts on the development of scientific knowledge
- develop an appreciation of the influence of imagination and creativity in scientific research.