Knowledge and Understanding
- develop knowledge and understanding of a range of features, people, ideas, movements, events and developments of the modern world in their historical context
- develop an understanding of continuity and change over time.
- undertake the process of historical inquiry
- use historical concepts and skills to examine the modern past
- communicate their understanding of history, sources and evidence, and historical interpretations.
Values and Attitudes
- appreciate the influence of the past on the present and the future
- value the contribution of the study of Modern History to lifelong learning, and active and informed citizenship.