Time of day
Description of activity
Students draw a picture of an activity at a particular time of day and record this using analog and digital time.
- Students draw a picture of an activity they enjoy doing at school, at home or in the community.
- Students show the time the activity might take place using both an analog clock and a digital clock.
- Students select three events during the day and show the time on both analog and digital clocks. At least one event should be on ‘half-past’.
The suggested time allocation for this activity is 20 minutes.
Students have associated everyday events with particular hour and half-hour times, and described the position of the hands on a clock. They are familiar with the terms ‘o’clock’ and ‘half-past’, and with analog and digital clocks. Students have practised reading and recording times on the half-hour.
Criteria for assessing learning
(These criteria would normally be communicated to students with the activity.)
Students will be assessed on their ability to:
- create and continue a number pattern
- explain their number pattern
- make generalisations about number relationships
- use mathematical terminology.
Graded student work samples - END STAGE
|Grade - A||Grade - B|
|Grade - C||Grade - D|