Knowledge, skills and understanding
- develop understanding and fluency in mathematics through inquiry, exploring and connecting mathematical concepts, choosing and applying problem-solving skills and mathematical techniques, communication and reasoning
Number and Algebra
- develop efficient strategies for numerical calculation, recognise patterns, describe relationships and apply algebraic techniques and generalisation
Measurement and Geometry
- identify, visualise and quantify measures and the attributes of shapes and objects, and explore measurement concepts and geometric relationships, applying formulas, strategies and geometric reasoning in the solution of problems
Statistics and Probability
- collect, represent, analyse, interpret and evaluate data, assign and use probabilities, and make sound judgements.
Values and attitudes
- appreciate mathematics as an essential and relevant part of life, recognising that its cross-cultural development has been largely in response to human needs
- demonstrate interest, enjoyment and confidence in the pursuit and application of mathematical knowledge, skills and understanding to solve everyday problems
- develop and demonstrate perseverance in undertaking mathematical challenges.