Making number patterns
Description of activity
- Students make a number pattern that increases or decreases.
- They explain their number pattern in words and record this explanation in writing.
- Students continue their number pattern.
- They then create another number pattern that has a particular number in it eg create a number pattern with the number 10 in it.
Students have been involved in creating, representing and continuing a variety of number patterns.
MA1-1WM describes mathematical situations and methods using everyday and some mathematical language, actions, materials, diagrams and symbols
MA1-8NA creates, represents and continues a variety of patterns with numbers and objects
Criteria for assessing learning
(These criteria would normally be communicated to students with the activity.)
Students will be assessed on their ability to:
- create and continue a number pattern
- explain their number pattern
- make generalisations about number relationships
- use mathematical terminology.
Graded student work samples - MID STAGE
|Grade - B||Grade - C|
|Grade - D||Grade - E|