Knowledge, Skills and Understanding
- develop the ability to apply reasoning, and the use of appropriate language, in the evaluation and construction of arguments and the interpretation and use of models based on mathematical concepts
- develop the ability to use concepts and apply techniques to the solution of problems in algebra and modelling, measurement, financial mathematics, data and statistics, probability and networks
- develop the ability to use mathematical skills and techniques, aided by appropriate technology, to organise information and interpret practical situations
- develop the ability to interpret and communicate mathematics in a variety of written and verbal forms, including diagrams and graphs.
Values and Attitudes
Students will value and appreciate:
- mathematics as an essential and relevant part of life, recognising that its development and use have been largely in response to human needs by societies all around the globe
- the importance of resilience in undertaking mathematical challenges, taking responsibility for their own learning and evaluating their mathematical development.