The course is organised in topics, with the topics divided into subtopics.
|Mathematics Life Skills|
|Number and Modelling (Algebra)||MLS-N1 Review of Number Properties
MLS-N2 Mathematical Modelling
MLS-M1 Everyday Measurement
|Financial Mathematics||MLS-F1 Decimals, Percentages and Money
MLS-F2 Earning Money
MLS-F3 Spending Money
|Statistics and Probability (Statistical Analysis)||MLS-S1 Statistics
|Plans, Maps and Networks (Networks)||MLS-P1 Using Plans, Maps and Networks|
For Mathematics Life Skills:
- Students are not required to address or achieve all of the Mathematics Life Skills outcomes.
- Students are not required to complete all of the content to demonstrate achievement of an outcome.
- Outcomes and content should be selected to meet the particular needs of individual students.
- The topics provide possible frameworks for addressing the Mathematics Life Skills outcomes and content, and are suggestions only. Each topic provides possible subtopics for study of the content. Teachers have the flexibility to develop subtopics that will meet the needs, strenghts, goals, interests and prior learning of their students.
- Examples provided under content points are suggestions only. Teachers may use the examples provided or develop other examples to meet the particular needs of individual students.