Knowledge, Understanding and Skills
- develop efficient strategies to solve complex problems using pattern recognition, generalisation, proof and modelling techniques
- develop their knowledge, understanding and skills to model and solve complex and interconnected problems in the areas of proof, vectors and mechanics, calculus and complex numbers
- develop their problem-solving and reasoning skills to create appropriate mathematical models in a variety of forms and apply these to difficult unstructured problems
- use mathematics as an effective means of communication and justification in complex situations.
Values and Attitudes
Students will value and appreciate:
- mathematics as an essential and relevant part of life, recognising that its development and use has been largely in response to human needs by societies all around the globe
- the importance of resilience and self-motivation in undertaking mathematical challenges.