Knowledge, Understanding and Skills
- develop efficient strategies to solve problems using pattern recognition, generalisation, proof and modelling techniques
- develop the ability to use concepts and skills and apply complex techniques to the solution of problems and modelling in the areas of trigonometry, functions, calculus, proof, vectors and statistical analysis
- use technology effectively and apply critical thinking to recognise appropriate times for such use
- develop the ability to interpret, justify and communicate mathematics in a variety of forms.
Values and Attitudes
Students will value and appreciate:
- mathematics as an essential and relevant part of life, recognising that its development and use has been largely in response to human needs by societies all around the globe
- the importance of resilience and self-motivation in undertaking mathematical challenges and the importance of taking responsibility for their own learning and evaluation of their mathematical development.