Knowledge, Understanding and Skills
- develop knowledge, understanding and skills about efficient strategies for pattern recognition, generalisation and modelling techniques
- develop the ability to use mathematical concepts and skills and apply complex techniques to the modelling and solution of problems in algebra and functions, measurement, financial mathematics, calculus, data and statistics and probability
- develop the ability to use advanced mathematical models and techniques, aided by appropriate technology, to organise information, investigate, model and solve problems and interpret a variety of practical situations
- develop the ability to interpret and communicate mathematics logically and concisely in a variety of forms.
Values and Attitudes
Students will value and appreciate:
- mathematics as an essential and relevant part of life, recognising that its development and use have been largely in response to human needs by societies all around the globe
- the importance of resilience and self-motivation in undertaking mathematical challenges and the importance of taking responsibility for their own learning and evaluation of their mathematical development.