Informative Text - Recount
Description of activity
Students write a recount of a recent event at school or at home.
Students have analysed the different purposes and features of informative texts. They have explored how authors use language to recount events from their own lives. Students were then asked to apply this understanding by composing an informative text that presented a recount of one of their own experiences.
Criteria for assessing learning
(These criteria would normally be communicated to students with the activity.)
Students will be assessed on their ability to:
- plan, structure and construct a personal informative text
- use basic grammatical features and punctuation appropriate for an informative text
- apply knowledge of spelling conventions and strategies
- use letters of consistent size and slope in the NSW Foundation Style
- demonstrate basic desktop publishing skills using a computer.
Graded student work samples - Mid Stage
|Grade A||Grade B|
|Grade C||Grade D|