Informative Text - Review
Description of activity
Students plan, draft and write a review of a film.
Students have explored the ways in which texts can have multiple purposes. During this unit they have studied the language features required to inform and persuade an audience. Students have become familiar with the conventions of a review and have jointly and independently constructed spoken and written reviews of books and films.
Criteria for assessing learning
(These criteria would normally be communicated to students with the activity.)
Students will be assessed on their ability to:
- plan, draft and write a film review
- use appropriate language features and conventions for a film review
- demonstrate an understanding of characters and plot in a literary text
- identify and interpret ideas, themes or issues in a literary text
- use strategies to edit grammar, punctuation and spelling.
Graded student work samples - End Stage
|Grade A||Grade B|
|No samples||No samples|
|Grade C||Grade D|