integrates understanding of the diverse ways texts can represent personal and public worlds
- Engage personally with texts
- analyse how texts that represent public worlds influence personal perspectives
- Develop and apply contextual knowledge
- explain the ways in which changes in elements of the contexts of particular texts influence meaning
- analyse and experiment with ways of transforming experience into texts for different purposes, audiences and contexts
- analyse and evaluate how different attitudes and perspectives underpin texts (ACEEN076)
- Understand and apply knowledge of language forms and features
- analyse the effect of language forms and features used in different personal, social, historical, cultural and workplace contexts
- analyse how audiences are positioned in texts (ACEEA094)
- Respond to and compose texts
- respond to and compose texts which make connections between personal and public worlds
- use language to influence audiences or to prioritise certain ideas or perspectives over others (ACEEA076)
The course objectives express the knowledge, skills and understandings that are demonstrated through the outcomes and content. These are applied within the context of the modules.
The levels on the ESL scales needed to achieve this English syllabus outcome are Writing level 7, Reading and Responding level 7 and Oral Interaction level 8.
An EAL/D student at this stage of schooling may be assessed at a range of levels on the ESL scales Writing and Reading and Responding strands from Beginning level 1 to level 7 and Oral Interaction strand from level 1 to level 8. Teachers plan a learning pathway for EAL/D students using the ESL scales outcomes and pointers. Teachers assess EAL/D students' current level of English on the ESL scales, then plan teaching and learning activities to scaffold learning for students working towards the achievement of English syllabus outcomes.
For EAL/D students to achieve this English syllabus outcome, the teaching focus and pathway of learning will be mainly within the Language and cultural understanding ESL scales strand organiser. See ESL scales outcomes for Oral Interaction: 5.2, 6.2, 7.2, 8.2; Reading and Responding: 4.6, 5.6, 6.6, 7.6; Writing: 4.10, 5.10, 6.10, 7.10.