investigates and evaluates the relationships between texts
- Engage personally with texts
- describe and explain the connections between texts, including those by and about Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander People(s)
- compare and contrast texts in different forms and media, their purposes and effects, and the values, attitudes and biases reflected (ACEEA087)
- Develop and apply contextual knowledge
- analyse and evaluate the ways in which texts are influenced by other texts and contexts
- compare and contrast texts from different cultures and times, and discuss their purposes and effects (ACEEA061)
- Understand and apply knowledge of language forms and features
- compare and contrast the language forms, features and structures of a range of texts
- analyse and evaluate how rhetorical devices are used in a range of texts to influence and persuade (ACEEA089)
- Respond to and compose texts
- use information and ideas drawn from a range of texts to present a point of view in analytical, expressive and imaginative ways
- combine and adapt texts to address different purposes, audiences and contexts
The course objectives express the knowledge, skills and understandings that are demonstrated through the outcomes and content. These are applied within the context of the modules.
The levels on the ESL scales needed to achieve this English syllabus outcome are Writing level 7, Reading and Responding level 7 and Oral Interaction level 8.
An EAL/D student at this stage of schooling may be assessed at a range of levels on the ESL scales Writing and Reading and Responding strands from Beginning level 1 to level 7 and Oral Interaction strand from level 1 to level 8. Teachers plan a learning pathway for EAL/D students using the ESL scales outcomes and pointers. Teachers assess EAL/D students' current level of English on the ESL scales, then plan teaching and learning activities to scaffold learning for students working towards the achievement of English syllabus outcomes.
For EAL/D students to achieve this English syllabus outcome, the teaching focus and pathway of learning will be mainly within the Communication and Language and cultural understanding ESL scales strand organisers. See ESL scales outcomes for Oral Interaction: 5.1, 6.1, 7.1, 8.1; Reading and Responding: 4.5, 4.6, 5.5, 5.6, 6.5, 6.6, 7.5, 7.6; Writing: 4.9, 4.10, 5.9, 5.10, 6.9, 6.10, 7.9, 7.10.