investigates and explains the relationships between texts
- Engage personally with texts
- identify and describe the similarities and differences in and between texts
- identify and reflect on the presentation of information and ideas in different texts and source materials
- make connections between information and ideas drawn from a range of texts, including those by and about Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander People(s)
- Develop and apply contextual knowledge
- identify and describe the ways in which particular texts are influenced by other texts and contexts
- analyse how different purposes and contexts influence language choices and meaning (ACEEA013)
- Understand and apply knowledge of language forms and features
- explore and analyse the similarities and differences in language forms, features and structures between texts
- identify and describe the language forms, features and structures of different texts
- assess style and the use of language conventions in a variety of texts
- Respond to and compose texts
The course objectives express the knowledge, skills and understandings that are demonstrated through the outcomes and content. These are applied within the context of the modules.
The levels on the ESL scales needed to achieve this English syllabus outcome are Writing level 7, Reading and Responding level 7 and Oral Interaction level 8.
An EAL/D student at this stage of schooling may be assessed at a range of levels on the ESL scales Writing and Reading and Responding strands from Beginning level 1 to level 7 and Oral Interaction strand from level 1 to level 8. Teachers plan a learning pathway for EAL/D students using the ESL scales outcomes and pointers. Teachers assess EAL/D students' current level of English on the ESL scales, then plan teaching and learning activities to scaffold learning for students working towards the achievement of English syllabus outcomes.
For EAL/D students to achieve this English syllabus outcome, the teaching focus and pathway of learning will be mainly within the Communication and Language and cultural understanding ESL scales strand organisers. See ESL scales outcomes for Oral Interaction: 5.1, 6.1, 7.1, 8.1; Reading and Responding: 4.5, 4.6, 5.5, 5.6, 6.5, 6.6, 7.5, 7.6; Writing: 4.9, 4.10, 5.9, 5.10, 6.9, 6.10, 7.9, 7.10.