Knowledge and Understanding
- develop knowledge and understanding of a range of features, people, places, events and developments of the ancient world in their historical context
- develop an understanding of continuity and change over time.
- undertake the process of historical inquiry
- use historical concepts and skills to examine the ancient past
- communicate an understanding of history, sources and evidence, and historical interpretations.
Values and Attitudes
- appreciate the influence of the past on the present and the future
- value the contribution of the study of Ancient History to lifelong learning and active and informed citizenship.